Monday, August 22, 2011

His first day

Today was Henry's first day of preschool. He's been talking about it all summer, so this morning was pretty exciting for him. I snapped a few quick photos before he rushed me on because he didn't want to be late for school :)

First day of school

Ready?

It was expectedly bittersweet sending him off to preschool. I've enjoyed spending our days together since moving here in October, but I didn't realize just how much I'd miss him and all the crazy conversations we have throughout the day. After putting Violet down for a nap, everything felt a bit quiet and lonely, and I was unsure how to spend my free time. It turns out that I can get A LOT of work done when Henry is gone and Violet is napping. :)  And even though Henry enjoyed his  first day at preschool, I could tell he was happy to see me when I picked him up this afternoon.

So, this is the start of our fun-filled busy season. Preschool two days a week, gymnastics once a week, and an itty bitty soccer class starting in a few weeks for Henry. Swimming lessons for Violet and I starting a little later. Hosting and leading a Wednesday night Bible study once again. And hopefully lots of playing and learning in between all the busyness.

2 comments:

  1. Great photos! Sounds like life is sweet and full. :) I'm jealous of your swimming plans! Missing you...

    ReplyDelete